When it comes to organizing, no matter what methods you put in place, it’s the teens and younger children who can really pose a challenge to you.
Teens and younger children can create quite a mess in their rooms as they may still not have the sense to keep things organized, especially with all the distractions surrounding them. Teens are known to play Xbox, bike or watch TV than to tidy up their closets.
This should not discourage you, though.
Good planning and correct assessment of what items need to be stored and how they can be stored is the key to staying organized.
Work in finding the best custom storage solution for your kid’s bedroom by taking to heart the following tips:
- Divide and store. Separate the clothes from the toys, shoes, caps and other items that need storage. You must decide as to which closet space they go to.
- Put drawers if you see there is a need for them like when there are many clothes that need folding. Hang the rest. Drawers are also great for storing items like socks, towels, belts, and other similar items.
- Decide whether you want dirty laundry in pullout baskets or drawers. Whether you choose one or the other, the key is to get your kids to use them the right way.
- Employ an adjustable hanging section in the closet. This allows for three rows of garments to be hung as children’s clothing are small. When the kids have grown, removing one rod converts the space into a double-hang closet that can accommodate larger clothes. Definitely practical and effective way to organize closets.
- Low shelves make sure that children will be able to easily put away their frequently used items.
- It is better to use kid size hangers for small clothing items. This makes so much sense, of course.
- One investment that will last for the rest of your children’s lives will be to teach them the value of being organized. Involve them in the organization of their bedroom space so they may realize how it can benefit them. When you are able to make them realize the value of being organized, chances are, they will teach the same thing to their children.
- Another thing you should not overlook is the usefulness of hooks in taking care of sweat pants and back packs and other items.